Thursday, June 11, 2009
funny story
so get this.... i was taking a load of laundry downstairs to our garage today. unfortunately our garage is not attached so i have to walk down our really steep stairs to get to the garage. i pulled the door shut so p would not follow me down and fall... which she has... twice. i left her with the baby buckled in her car seat because we were on our way to get h from school. anyway... i take the wet clothes out and put them in the dryer and put the new load in... 5 minutes at the most. I come back upstairs to find the door LOCKED! at first it was just the deadbolt, but as i am trying to get p to turn the lock she locks the bottom lock. so now, i am thinking, i can't leave my 3 year old free rein the house and alone with the baby while i run all the up to the mangers apt. which is really far away from ours. i have no cell phone no keys and no way to get in. i am so proud of my calmness and quick thinking... i told p to get my keys off the hook and go into my room and throw them off the balcony to me! which she did, and i successfully re-enter the house to find everything in tact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
thats awesome!! smart thinking, i never would have thought of that.
Good thinking...I would have been FRIEKING out! Your girls are adorable!
Genius.
That is too funny! My son Charles used to lock me out when I would take the trash out. I started just taking my keys with me. He thought it was so FUNNY!
Smart thinking mommy.
The detail of this story I find most interesting and amazing is that you actually knew where your keys were and could give P exact instructions about where to find them. My kids would be looking in my purse, on the counter, in the diaper bag, on the dining room table, the desk, in my jacket etc.. I'm totally impressed.
Did I miss it or did you move? I thought you bought a home close to your parents?
Well, off to push mow our acre of grass. I look forward to Saturdays when I can burn about 1200 calories working in our yard. Sure beats running.
smart mommy!
Hahahahahahahaha! My kids have totally locked me out before! Last time it happened (and they weren't able to unlock it for me) was when we lived in our townhome in Cali. My little boy locked me out on my balcony! I had to flag down a runner from the street and have him see if my front door was locked. He ended up coming in my house, up the stairs and had to unlock the balcony door for me! How embarrasing!
Wendy this is so funny! Glad to hear everyone was safe. I am so excited to see you guys in a few weeks! Did mom tell you, my papers go in the end of next week!
Post a Comment