Tuesday, August 18, 2009

we have made it to mass., and we have been blessed and surprised beyond our dreams. just when things don't seem like they are going to work out, they do. little tender mercies here and there. i could not be more grateful for the gospel, it has made this transition nearly painless for our family.

the bishop and his family have graciously housed us, as we are homeless until next monday. they are amazing people, with huge hearts and true Christ-like attitudes.

this experience has been an example of how sometimes we think we have it all figured out and then the Lord has different ideas and plans. plans and ideas that are better than we could have come up with on our own.

someday i will go into more detail, but for now just know that we truly are loved by our Heavenly Father, and even though things are tough, they always work out. this is been one of my greatest tests, one that i have had little control over the details of, only leaving me in control of what i can learn, how i can react and how my attitude can be toward hardships and change.

on a lighter note... the east coast feels like a different country sometimes

how are all of you? comment and let me know.... i need to be filled in!

6 comments:

Moss Family said...

Oh YAY! So glad it is working out....can't wait to hear the details! nothing exciting to share on this side......

Julie Avery said...

sending hugs & kisses :D

Radel said...

that sounds awesome Wendy, I miss you, your post made me tear up a bit. :) I'm glad you are learning and clinging to the Lord. Hope things get a little more orderly soon for you. And can't wait to hear more of the story from your trip. loves!!

Kiersta said...

Wendy I am so happy everything is working out! I want detail when you get settled in your new place. Hoe is Hannah liking her new school? How is Dave liking school? Your Fall is going to be so beautiful so I want pics!!! Love you tons girl, Kiersta

Julie Avery said...

from your mamma, to my momma, to me...i hear your in for an adventure this next year. love you. praying for you. your such a super mom and a great example to me. hey---i was thinking about it---we were so lucky to live so close growing up. I'm so glad we're friends!

same phone number???

missy moo

Desmama said...

Wow. What a fun place to live in (at least that how it looks to me). You'll have to tell me how fall in New England is because I've always heard about it and I'd love to see it sometime (and see you guys too!).