Well, we had a great trip, two weeks long! We hit 6 states and a foreign country in 7 days. It was a whirlwind! I promise I will post pictures but here is a recap at least.
- Ohio was great, I actually liked this State the best and of all of the states we visited, I would only actually live in this one. Ohio was our first stop and we spent 4 1/2 days here, visiting family and relaxing. We also visited the Seneca Caverns, they are similar to the Timp Caves, but under ground seeing there are no mountains in Ohio. Ohio is so green and beautiful, I felt a little like Provo, maybe because we stayed in Bowling Green which is a college town. It has changed so much since we were there last, about 4 years ago.
-Niagara Falls, was AWESOME! We stayed on the Canada side, and we could see the falls from our hotel room. We rode on the Maid of the Mist, and ate at the Hotel's Pent house Resturant that overlooked the falls! At night the falls light up and change colors, it was so sweet to lay in bed and watch the falls change colors!
-Palmyra- This of course was very neat! We visited the sights and stayed in a cute little Bed and Breakfast! The Hostess had a drawer of toys in our room and Hannah and Paige were in heaven! We had the best homemade breakfast the next morning!
-Boston!!!! These few days we spent here were so crazy! Driving into the city was nuts, next time we will defintely stay in the city and ummm... bring a map!! Salem is a total tourist trap, but it was interesting, I expected more. The Freedom Trail was very intersting, but it was blazing hot and humid! The Children's Museum was very cool, we spent 5 hours there!
New York City- WOW, what a shock, I was so glad we stayed in the Financial District. We got there on the weekend so it was quite, and people were few, mostly just people walking their dogs! It was so crazy to walk up from the subways into masses of people! We enjoyed going to church, especially because we saw the Chenn's from our old BYU ward! Their kids are so cute and have grown up so much, and we got to meet their new (10 months) little boy! Central Park was fun! But most of all we loved the boat ride in New York Harbor to see the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge! By the end of our 3 days we were ready to head back to our cool and temprete California.
The kids did great considering we travelled a total of 30 hours in the car! For those of you how are planning future long distance travel with kids, here are some things I learned...
1. late night flights and medication are better than mid-day flights without a meals! (what's up with that??)
2. Two weeks is way too long for a children under 18!
3. the big cities are way more fun without kids!
4. we found these awesome magnet sets, that are similar to paper dolls, but magnets. These things kept the kids busy for hours~
There was no slowing down after we returned. Our good friend M. came to visit, we went to Disneyland, where one of our dreams came true!!! For those of you who don't know, Disneyland's theme this year is "A year of a million Dreams" and they have these "dream givers" walking around to fulfil your Disney Dreams. So while I am in the bathroom on Main Street dropping my phone in the toliet (thankfully not a soiled toliet), D and the girls are waiting outside and a dream giver comes by. Long story short, H and P got a one on one meeting with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty! It was so cool! They were adorable with the girls, so sweet and completely in character! The one day I forget the camera, and my phone dies is the day our dreams come true!!
Later that same day the girls and I went to my Aunt's wedding, and then I sent the girls home with grandma and grandpa so I could meet back up with D. and M. for "Adult" Disney fun. This included my favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountian ! We also hit Splash Mountian where I was completely drenched from head to foot!! Completely!
Oh, that is not the end of our little recap here. D also had to attend New Student Orientation, at which we had to create science fair size board about his club (J. Reuben Clark Law Society) in about 1 1/2 hours on the floor of the Kinkos! Which later fell apart because the wind was so strong! Ahhh. Okay only a few more things happened in the 5 days after we got home.... D and I both taught on Sunday, Hannah got sick and then passed it to me, and my phone only sorta works!
Now school has started and summer is pracitcally over and it has completely blown by! I hope that you all had great summers too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good time and got to see so many neat things! I dropped my phone in a toilet this month as well. (Technically Savvy dropped it). I hope it starts working for you again soon!
Wow, you guys did a lot in that amount of time. I can't wait for the day John and I get to go to NYC together. Glad you guys are back and safe from all that traveling.
Post a Comment