Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"that was so tooootally wiiiicked" -kid on bike from the Incredibles

Last night D. took me to see Wicked. I heard it was wonderful, but I had my doubts, what could really be that great about the wizard of oz. When the musical began I was not impressed. Glinda the good witch's voice, hit just too high for my hears to handle. BUT I must admit, that by the end, I was COMPLETELY won over! I want the soundtrack, I want to see it again, I want to read the book, I want them to recored the performance so I can buy it! It was completely capitvating! I am so totally a Wicked fan! There were a few lines, I loved: "looking at it through different eyes" (just things in general, but in the musical it was looking a person through different eyes). Dancing through life. and I love the song about changing people for good. I have had so many people come into my life and help me grow and change me for the best! anyways, now that is all I will say about Wicked! GO SEE IT!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't even know how jealous I am! Not just for the fact that you got to see Wicked but also for the fact that you have a husband that took you to go see it! My husband would not be caught DEAD in a broadway show! He says he's got enough culture...whatever. I do have to give him points for taking my to see Celine Dion in Vegas for our anniversary. He just about slept through it but I was so stinkin excited that he even went and didn't send one of my girlfriends to go in my place! By the way, The Wizard of Oz is fantastic! I will hear no talk otherwise. Maybe its because I'm a huge Judy Garland fan. Anyway, glad you had fun, so jealous. I would kill for Wicked tickets. They are never in Salt Lake City.

Jenny said...

I am dying to see this! My sister saw it in London, my parents saw it on Broadway, etc etc. I love the soundtrack, but I heard the book sucked, so I haven't read it. Let me know if you like it.

Radel said...

hey you cute blog!!! i came across it from kristi brown's site. you have great pictures! i hope you don't mind if i link you to my blog! take care and have a merry Christmas! we are leaving for Idaho tomorrow so see you in a couple weeks!!

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed it afterall! I just did a post about it, too. book review and all. it def. was TOTALLY WICKED!

Ryan & Kiersta said...

Wendy, how fun! My sister went and saw it and loved it too. I hope you have fun this weekend with Shaunna...wish I could be there! Love ya, Kiersta

Todd said...

Hey I have a new age cd out that I thought would be good for you to check out, enjoy -
http://toddcardon.blogspot.com/

Violet said...

Hey there Wendy and family! You are so lucky to have scored tickets to Wicked. I am hoping to go one of these days. Just thought I would let you know that I am an official blogger now. I won't have as much time as I do right now but I am hoping to keep up to date. I added your link to mine. I hope you don't mind.

Here is mine http://www.lufkinfamily.blogspot.com/

Angie Fellows said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me- your long lost VT companion from Wyview. I found your blog from Lori Qian's blog. Your girls are adorable!! Check out ours at http://benfellowsfamily.blogspot.com/. I hope you don't mind if I put a link to your blog on our blog. Hope you're doing well. I'm so jealous that you got to see Wicked!

Jackson 3 said...

Hey!!! Found ya searching others sites! I have heard so many good things about wicked. I'm talking deon into tickets for valentines day! (we'll see) I read the book a while back, very strange I must admit, but a musical version just might make it! take care ya'll!!!

The Bains said...

Hey woman,

Amber Bain here. Strangely enough I found your blogspot through accidentaly going to Violet's page from my sister Erin Chase's page. I noticed your name and there you were! I hope you don't mind me viewing your page uninvited. It feels like spying! Your family is so gorgeous and you sound like you are having a blast "juggling" like the rest of us mommies.

I'm new to this whole blog scene but I'm proud of my page:

tracybainfamily.blogspot.com

My email address is:

rojaloca8@verizon.net

You might recognize that from when I stalked you to come to playgroup. Crazy never dies! :)

Take care!

Amber Bain

The Bains said...

Hmmm...how would I contact Tenille? She doesn't have a place to comment that I can see. You gals are all making me feel super old. Let me know if you have a way to contact her. I'd love to drop her a line. Her Tate is super cute but I know that my Tate is the cutest!

Thanks!

Amber

lance n sarah said...

Hey it's Sarah (Hardy) Just snooping through other blogs and found you. You are lucky your husband went with you. Mine would just laugh at me.

Jodi Jean said...

i'm jealous ... i've been wanting to see it for ages now. but don't read the book ... i've heard HORRIBLE things about it.